Hello again. Marian and I are long term NEBOSH examiners, and she has asked me to present Safetyboss' '10 commandments' for NG1 'open book' assessment success.
So here we go!
- Remember - it tests your understanding and practical application, not just memory!
- Read the scenario twice, make a short summary of key points for reference.
- Work through the tasks in the order set.
- Usually each mark in a task requires a separate point.
- Work out timings 'pro rata' to the number of marks awarded.
- Tasks may refer to syllabus elements, so remember the element / sub-section headings.
Apply answers using evidence from the scenario.
Write enough - single words or lists generally are not enough.
Attempt all tasks - do not leave any out, attempt all.
- Add relevant supporting online documentation - know where to quickly find the obvious ones.
But most of all, prepare well and good luck will follow!