NEBOSH examiner Marian Randell has provided ten NEBOSH Certificate tips to ensuring exam success.
As a current senior NEBOSH examiner with nearly 20 years’ experience of successfully taking students through the NEBOSH Certificate via my own company, Safetyboss, here are my 10 commandments for your exam success:
- Read every question on the paper at least twice (highlight key words with a marker pen).
- Write in full sentences (not just a couple of words).
- Write enough separate points as per the marking scheme i.e. 8 marks = 8 separate sentences.
- Answer with a statement and not by asking a question.
- Attempt every question – never leave a question unattempted.
- Go straight in with your answer without repeating the question to avoid wasting time.
- Answer questions in the order set i.e. 1-11 in that order.
- Answer question 1 first - do not leave it to last.
- Make sensible practical guesses for things you don’t really know.
- Learn as your bible, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
Take a look at the rest of the blogs in this series here. If you have any questions regarding the NEBOSH Certificate feel free to contact us on 01394 389683 or email@example.com.